Himachal Pradesh Judiciary Syllabus
SCHEME AND SYLLABUS SELECTION PROCESS:
- Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- Written Main Examination (Subjective Type)
- Viva-Voce (Personal Interview)
Exam Pattern: The Exam Pattern will be as follows:
- It will consist of Objective Type Questions
- The examination consisting of the following three papers of 100 Marks each:-
- Civil Law-I
- Civil Law-II
- Criminal Law
- Each paper shall be of one-hour duration and the examination in all the three papers shall be held on the same day.
- The syllabus for the preliminary examination shall be the same as provided for Paper-I to III for the Main examination.
- Main Written Exam consists of 5 papers.
- Duration of each paper will be for 3 hours.
PAPER- I Civil Law-I : (total marks 200)
- Code of Civil Procedure.
- Indian Evidence Act,
- Indian Stamp Act,
- Himachal Pradesh Courts Act, 1976
- Specific Relief Act. 200 Marks
PAPER-II Civil Law-II: (total marks 200)
- Indian Contract Act,
- Hindu Law,
- Indian Limitation Act,
- Transfer of Property Act
- H.P. Urban Rent Control Act. 200 Marks
PAPER-III Criminal Law (total marks 200)
- Indian Penal Code,
- Criminal Procedure Code,
- Negotiable Instruments Act, Chapter-XVII (section 138 to 143
- H.P. Excise Act-2011 as Applicable to the State of H.P.,
- Wild Life Protection Act
- Indian Forest Act.
PAPER-IV English Composition: (TOTAL MARKS 200) Choice from three Essays on General Subjects.
- Essay : 100 Marks
Translation of Hindi Passage into English: 50 Marks
(The standard for the English paper shall be that of graduation examination of Himachal Pradesh University.)
PAPER-V Language (Hindi) (TOTAL MARKS 100)
- Hindi (in Devanagri Script) No books prescribed. 100 marks The paper of Hindi will comprise of the following:-
- Translation of English passage into Hindi- 30 Marks.
- Essay in Hindi on any topic out of three. – 50 Marks.
- Composition (Idioms and Corrections etc.) – 20 Marks.
VIVA-VOCE (INTERVIEW)-150 MARKS
Candidates, who qualify the Main written examination, will be required to appear at such place, as may be fixed by the Commission, for a viva voce test. The maximum marks for the viva-voce shall be 150. The marks obtained in the viva- voce will be added to the marks obtained in the Main written examination for purpose of selection of the candidates.
HIMACHAL PRADESH JUDICIAL SERVICE EXAMINATION CRITERIA
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must have qualified a degree in Law from an institute recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- The minimum age of the applicants must not be less than 21 years.
- The maximum age of the candidates must not be more than 35 years.
- The candidates of the reserved category will be given suitable relaxation in their upper age.
- The upper age relaxation for the candidates of the SC and ST category will be 5 years.
- Candidates of the OBC category will be offered the upper age relaxation of 3 year.