AIBE (17) Syllabus 2022
|AIBE Subjects/Syllabus||No. of Questions|
|Indian Penal Code (IPC)||8|
|Criminal Procedure Code (Cr PC)||10|
|Code of Civil Procedure (CPC)||10|
|Alternate Dispute Redressal Including Arbitration Act||4|
|Public Interest Litigation (PIL)||4|
|Professional Ethics and Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI Rules||4|
|Labour and Industrial Laws||4|
|Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicles Act and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act||8|
|Law Related to Taxation||4|
|Land Acquisition Act||2|
|Intellectual Property Laws||2|
Detailed AIBE 2022 Syllabus
Here is a brief description of each topic included in the AIBE XVII (17) 2022 syllabus:
- Constitutional Law: Few important topics to prepare for this section include Judiciary, Acts such as Panchayati Raj, Emergency powers, Human Rights, and Customary Law.
- Indian Penal Code (IPC): The official criminal code of India is a code intended to cover all aspects of criminal law. To prepare for this section, read different sections of IPC.
- Criminal Procedure Code: To prepare for this section, read up on topics like the history of CPC, the latest news, and other basic concepts
- Code of Civil Procedure: An important branch of procedural law, the Code of Civil Procedure governs the law that regulates the procedure followed in civil court. To prepare for this subject, it is important for candidates to be aware of all its rules, sections, and other important terms such as Civil Suit, Jurisdiction, Judgement, Decree, Execution, and Appeals.
- Evidence Act: The Act was originally passed in India in 1872 and contains various important sections that candidates should be well-versed with
- Family Law: This section covers questions around topics such as Custody, Placement, Maintenance, Paternity, Property Division, and Child Support
- Law of Contract: It is one of the oldest mercantile laws in India that came into effect in 1872. Some of the important topics that candidates can prepare for this section include Types of Contracts, Essentials of a Contract, Legal Rules Regarding Consideration, etc.
- Law of Tort: Few important topics to prepare for this section include Nature and Definition of Tort, Nuisance, Defamation, Consumer Protection, Remoteness of Damages, and so on
- Alternate Dispute Redressal Including Arbitration Act: ADR offers to resolve all types of matters including civil, commercial, family, etc., where people are not able to start any type of negotiation and reach the settlement. The redressal provides various modes of settlement including, arbitration, conciliation, mediation, negotiation, and Lok Adalat. AIBE candidates need to be aware of all the settlements including the Arbitration Act.
- Public Interest Litigation: Commonly known as PIL, it means litigation filed in a court of law for the protection of public interest. Some of the important matters that candidates should be aware of include neglected children, food adulteration, atrocities on women, bonded labor, exploitation of workers, and environmental pollution. Here, candidates should also keep a track of some landmark cases and judgments taken by the Indian judiciary.
- Labour and Industrial Laws: It defines the code of conduct between the employee and the employer. Candidates should be aware of areas such as labor policy and legislation, social security of labor, labor and employment statistics, employment services and vocational training, policy related to child labor, and so on.
- Law-Related Taxation: Here, candidates should be aware of all aspects of tax law such as different types of taxes, tax reforms, etc.